Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Writing a blog that no one will read ...

I suppose that I've always fancied myself a writer, and I probably ought to be one by now, considering all of the "higher" education I've received to become an English teacher; but the fact of the matter is that aside from a column for UNC's The Mirror my freshman and sophomore years and an occasional letter to the editor, this is my first "published" work.

The man-in-charge of my favorite blog (http://coloradogaws.blogspot.com/) would suggest that "writing a blog that no one will read just to make yourself laugh is sort of intellectual masturbation," and he's probably right. But since I've given up the other, I suppose I'd better get my fill of the intellectual anyway. Apparently it's as addictive a pasttime, and probably not without some of the socially alienating consequences, but - hopefully - it is not so emotionally destructive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I formally welcome you to the end of your job. Seriously, I need to cut back on writing at work. Per your reference to my quote about blogging, I think we have created an alternate definition for IM. I can't wait to read further gems of journalistic excellence.