Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Job Opportunities

I heard about a job vacancy that I really would love to get at an institution that I admire. Unfortunately, on paper I'm totally underqualified. They're looking for someone with big-time experience and a big name, but I'm a high school teacher and coach (plus my name is only 7 letters long - 14 if you include my first name).

If you can't get a job without experience, how do you get experience without a job?

A miracle could happen, and that's exactly what I need.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just remember the USA Hockey Team...1980, Lake Placid, NY. :) I'd hire you based soley on your good looks and charming personality.

The Coach said...

Thanks. Was the Miracle team loaded with good looks and charming personality?

Anonymous said...

Actually, no. Most of them didn't even have teeth (hockey)! lol

Anonymous said...

Any update Jefe?

The Coach said...

Today is the day that I'm supposed to hear if I'm continuing in the process, so I'm waiting anxiously for a call. I've prepared some remarks for what I expect will be a "thanks but no thanks response today." I know the reality is that I don't really have a chance, and I'm trying to prepare myself to that end.