Thursday, February 28, 2008

Moving past anger...

I'm sorry about the vagueness of this post, but you never know who's reading.

I just stepped out of a meeting where work that I've been asked to do has been attacked because I did it. I didn't, apparently, consult the right people. I didn't, apparently, take into consideration what certain noisy yet uninvolved people might think. And I didn't, apparently, expect that I'd get taken to task for it.

It's this kind of meddling bureaucracy that makes getting anything useful done impossible. I went into the meeting expecting to get attacked, especially considering all the cryptic emails and questions I've been getting leading up to the meeting. I was hoping I'd get a chance to clear the air, but I just got magnanimous and condescending apologies and promises.

I can't decide if the title of this blog means that I'm getting over my anger or if I'm really getting so angry that it's not just anger anymore.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

I know "people"...just say the words and I'll send them a message.

Sorry to hear your frustrations...however vague though, I can understand what you're saying.

Matty said...

I don't know what you're talking about. My life is daisies and petunias. Never had a care in the world...

Matty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.