Monday, September 28, 2009

On Depression

Last week, I attended the bi-weekly "Beer and Theology" group that my church tangentially supports, where we discussed Depression -- the causes, results, and potential responses for the church. Here's the article we read.

I think I had known before that I'm depressed, but this discussion has really brought it into some kind of focus. How does one get help when one doesn't have time to get help? Why can't I just get over it? It's not as if anything is really wrong here, right? I'm just lonely, feeling inadequate, unwanted, and unappreciated.

Oh well.

1 comment:

mark said...

Bro,

Sorry no e-mail this week. I've been thinking of you, which I'm told is actually better than tangible support - so my TV tells me. Just know that i'm here for you if you need anything. I'll call you later today.

This thing is real and you don't just "get over it." You work through and with it. Easier said than done.