Friday, October 19, 2007

Two in one day!

So, I've had iTunes running in the background in a vain attempt to cover up some of the multi-tasking that's occupying my brain (read "Disappointment" below if you don't know what I'm talking about), and I just realized what the "random" playlist has played the last half-hour or so:

Extreme: HoleHearted – “Priorities confuse my mind/still I’m left one step behind”
Coldplay: Yellow – “For you I’d bleed myself dry”
Fernando Ortega: Sing to Jesus – “Come you who mourn”
Marc Cohn: Walk on Water – “Are you willing to wait for a miracle”
Counting Crows: Time and Time Again – “I want it so badly”
Rich Mullins: On the verge of a miracle – “you can see it if you just hold on”

Talk about weird. Of course now it's playing Boston's "Rock 'N Roll Band" - "Everybody's waving, getting crazy, anticipating" - so there goes my streak...unless you want to really read too much into it, in which case...

13 comments:

Matty said...

A force much greater than yourself is calling you to "rock out"! I say you give in to the greater power.

Anonymous said...

I may not be a very smart man...but I think this obviously saying something:

You're a Christian who grew up in the 1980s. :)

The Coach said...

A force much greater than myself: iTunes. It's unstoppable!

The Coach said...

Seriously, just now it's playing "Another 10 Miles" by Caedmon's Call (Christian, though not 80's).

Matty said...

I think you may be giving Steve Jobs too much influence in your life. Step away from the Apple products...

Anonymous said...

WAY off the subject, but I noticed your link to my blog is old...it was changed to:

http://web.mac.com/aaron_sudduth/iWeb/Site/My%20Blog/My%20Blog.html

I kicked off "Run" by Collective Soul on my computer in your honor...iTunes dominates the blogosphere!

Matty said...

I have to observe that work must be going insanely slow for all of us...even for a Friday. When have any of us gotten 7 comments on a post within an hour of it going up?!?

Anonymous said...

Make that 8... Oh, BTW, I'm at home right now. So you KNOW it's a really slow day. Hehe. We'd better be careful not to scare Mike away from blogging with all our comment luv...however, I think we should go for the record which I arbitrarily pick as 10. :)

Matty said...

You can't arbitrarily pick a record number! It's either the record or it isn't. Actually I think the record would be 11 (with the previous high also held by Mike).

Slick, I guess if you're at home then you don't fall into the same slacker catagory as the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better I'm heading back to work...but where I will continue to post comments from my cubicle. lol

Regarding the record, that's what I meant. I didn't know what the previous one was, so I arbitrarily picked it as 10. In any case, we should smash whatever the old one was with this flippin sweet thread.

Matty said...

Well said! For us small-timers, a double digit comment count is like the Super Bowl. Congrats Mike on breaking your own record! Actually he's probably teaching right now and has no idea that his iPod commentary was such a hit...with the 2 of us.

Anonymous said...

Smashing! :) He'd better not forget the little people like us now that he's entered into blogosuperstardom (even if he doesn't even know it yet). I wonder if this is going to change him... hmmm...

The Coach said...

It turns out that Matt is right about the previous record (11 on the hot topic of Greatest Rock & Roll band of all time - 2/6/07), and Yes, it is going to change me.