Thursday, March 27, 2008

Free Wi-Fi

I'm not in my usual wi-fi harnessing spot, and I must say the seat I'm in now is more comfortable than my usual porcelain location.

You see, I'm at DIA waiting for a flight to Chicago. I opened up my laptop to do some work, and my wireless detection system notified me that the network DIAFREEWIFI was available for a connection. I logged in, watched an inane 30-second commercial (ostensibly for Toyota but really just a man in a fox/raccoon? suit digging through trash), and here I am.

It's nice to get a nice connection somewhere besides a room that is potentially smelly (not that airports aren't potentially or actually smelly). Look for a post about my Chicago Expo venture, possibly posted from the Midway Airport Free Wi-Fi. Here's hoping!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Excellent! Safe travels, coach, and enjoy the windy city. (I use lowercase, because I come from the Windy State, with many Windy Cities, and multiple Windy Towns.)

Aaron said...

Travel uses for the PW:
- mousepad when using free-wifi at airport
- frisbee to pass the time during layovers
- snack for those REALLY long layovers
- coaster and/or bib during in-flight meals
- luggage tag to easily identify your suitcase
- spare propeller for puddle-jumpers
- yamakah when requesting the kosher meal
- ear muffs and light blockers for taking a nap
- flight attendant visual aid
- VIP lounge pass
- bling

Aaron said...

p.s. good luck in "Sheecawwgo"!

The Coach said...

Amanda...really it's just the Foggy City.

Also, Aaron, I do have PaceWheel business cards laminated as my luggage tags. Is being in love with something you made narcissism? Probably.

The Coach said...

Free Wi-Fi at Burger King near the Midway Airport (where there is also free Wi-Fi but also $4/hour parking rather than $1.09/slice "dutch" apple pie).

My way, right away.

Matty said...

Is being in love with something you made narcissism? I don't think so...Sarry made me who I am today and she loves me. Too corny? Ok...yes, you're a narcissist.

Just a tech note. If you just wrote about 2 more sentences for each, you could just turn your response comments into little bloglets....so I won't have to load up the comments page every time.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Coach, and don't let those teamster's down. Just for a laugh about the windy City, when the Catholic Churched asked the St. Day organizers to hold off on their festivities during holy week, their spokesmen states: we're born irish first, then baptized catholic."

Good times, and we're thinking of you.