Sunday, December 21, 2008

Super-size me? Eunuch-ize me.


No, seriously, why would McDonald's do a whole marketing scheme to rename McNuggets "Nuggnuts"?

They even have a facebook page for the newly-re-christened breaded-processed-meat-parts.

The new name does not suggest that I am "Nuts for Nuggets" as I suspect they're aiming for. It suggests to me that they're no longer the same nuggets, and that - perhaps - they are now made of - well - um ... something besides assorted chicken parts and just some particular parts.

In my neck of the woods (the Rocky Mountains) we already have this product - oysters.

Anyway, I'm hesitant to log on to facebook as a friend of Nuggnuts, as I've seen the episode of the Simpsons where the German kid disappears and the cafeteria begins serving a delicious new sausage called Uderbraten. I'm not so nuts about nuggets that I'm eager to eunuch-ize myself in order to serve the public at large.

No comments: