Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pandemic Crisis


Undoubtedly, dear reader, you or a member of your immediate circle of friends and relations have been afflicted by an all-too-common ailment. The ailment I will now describe for you generally remains dormant, and most people are carriers, though they seldom know it. However, this condition typically rears its ugly head at the most inconvenient times, waylaying plans and making the completion of tasks difficult. This disease tends to flourish in the springtime, as the icy chill of winter begins to fade (and the icy chill of Colorado in April snaps us out of that tantalizing Indian spring). However, springtime is not the only time of year when it arrives.

Thanksgiving break is over; December is just around the corner; and I've got less than four weeks left of my last class of my Master's degree program. I'm absolutely unmotivated. I have just one real project left to complete in this 18 month program. I'm just weeks away from completing all of the "higher" education I ever plan on participating in. I'm a few short keystrokes away from acquiring the diploma that will move me up and over on the payscale. I'm just...

And yet, here I sit, at 4:00 in the morning, typing away at my blog, suffering from senioritis. You'd think that all these years working in education would have immunized me against its effects, but I guess it was just in remission.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

from Amanda Ellis Pollard:

I shall de-lurk to comment that I have grade-itis after every quarter. Once I turn in those final grades, I suddenly spend all my plan periods unmotivated, surfing blogs. I understand your feelings, and hope you can rally to finish off your masters. Congrats.

Matty said...

I have been suffering from a very similar affliction called goingtoUkraineatosis which has nearly identical symptoms. I suspect that I will be cured by a good dose of sternlookfrommywife as there is no time to convalesce.

The Coach said...

I'm so afflicted, that I'm watching a 4-nil blowout in the UEFA cup champions league. Perhaps I should be doing some work.

Anonymous said...

from Amanda Ellis Pollard:

That is an affliction. I usually end up watching MTV/VH-1 reality shows. Or commenting on blogs during my class.

Matty said...

Coach!!! You have all this time and/or no motivation and you waste it watching a lousy Chelsea-Rosenborg game?!!? I would have killed to watch the Liverpool-Porto game which actually meant something!

Anonymous said...

I hear you brother. Before I post my usual smart-aleck comment, let me say congrats in advance for completing your master degree.

Having said that, Sally told me that Cindy said that you were totally copying Steve's homework. I was like - whatEVER!!! And then she was all - WHATEVER!!! And I was totally like WHAT-E-VER!!! She totally, like, doesn't even know what she's talking about. I heard she totally likes Brad, but -oh gotta go! I got another call. :)