Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Attracting more z's with bees

On occasion, when I'm attempting to avoid work, I check out google's "news" page to check headlines just in case I'm missing something important. And here it is: "Honey Beats Meds at Soothing Kids' Coughs" (see the original article here http://health.usnews.com/usnews/health/healthday/071204/honey-beats-meds-at-soothing-kids-cough.htm)

As it turns out, a recent study has shown that giving honey to kids (over 1 year old) is more effective than giving them cough medicine or (surprise, surprise) no treatment.

Side effects include mild hyperactivity but a better night's sleep.

Who knew?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom always gave us hot water with lemon and honey. It's still my favorite thing when I've a cough or my throat is sore. I'm glad science has proved her right.

Anonymous said...

We always got Jack Daniels...now that I think about it, that explains a lot. :) I'll have to try this out!

Matty said...

I thought honey was supposed to be bad for kids. I can't keep track...lay them on their back...no, on their stomach...no wait, their back...feed them peanut butter for protein...we have to ban pb@j. I hate doctors.