Monday, December 17, 2007

Triple Digits

Success! Today, a handsome and intelligent man in the great state of Ohio purchased PaceWheels number 99 and 100.

There hasn't been a holiday shopping frenzy like this for an item since Tickle Me Elmo (round 2). Okay, so maybe it's nowhere near a shopping frenzy...or feeding frenzy...or even napping frenzy, but I feel pretty confident that my goal of being a Thousandaire could be realized...after I pay back my investor, pay the "man" (actually, it's the "men") state, county, and "Rural Transportation Authority" sales taxes (at least there's no redundant, ridiculous and redundant stadium tax on an unnecessary stadium), another "man" self-employment tax and income tax.

4 comments:

Matty said...

Congratulations! I hope that you'll remember us little people now that you're a big shot. I must say that the man/men take a huge chunk out of you business-owners. Of course you corporate fat cats can afford it - you should be shouldering the lions share of the tax burden so that my son can have free school lunches.

Sorry, it's election season so I can get a bit sarcastic...

Anonymous said...

Wow! Many congrats! As the scion of a self-employed family, I feel your deep pain as you watch bits of your hard-earned and self-earned cash flutter away. Here's to the 101st sold pacewheel!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...you've officially reached your goal of becoming a thousandaire (not taking into account startup costs)! Soon we will see you on the cover of Forbes magazine. Keep up the good work and soon you'll be able to retire and live off of the royalties! :) (seriously, congrats)

Matty said...

Hey, I Googled PaceWheel and came up with some funny stuff. First, I didn't know you had a Spanish ebay account! I also noticed that Milo Bryant put my recommendation email on his blog and he must have had some formating issues because the font is like 6 times bigger than the others.

I also noticed that you answered some Yahoo questions with the PaceWheel slipped in there...very clever.