Thursday, April 10, 2008

Guess how old this boy is


That's right.

Old enough to spell his name.

Old enough to "take care of" his "baby" (the penguin at the bottom left of the picture).

Old enough take trips to the moon, to Chicago, to a lake, to track meets, to the country of "spee-chu-spahn," etc. all from the rocket/airplace/boat/van/catamaran that is our living room couch.

Old enough to use the potty "all by myself."

Old enough to say "No, I amn't."

Old enough to recognize the haircut place every time we drive by it at 45mph.

Old enough to be influenced by brands and logos: "Daddy, there's Target. There's Home Depot. Let's go to Sam's Club. Is that Wal-Mart?"

Old enough to not need a bib because he will eat his yogurt carefully.

Old enough to enjoy a banana split and choose his own toppings for it.

Old enough to repeat phrases daddy shouldn't say in front of him (and probably shouldn't say at all).

Old enough to recognize the flag of the United States.

Old enough to recognize (in traffic) a bumper sticker with an outline of Texas with red, white, and blue and the lone star on it as "part of a United States flag."

Old enough to say (as only a child could say) that Texas has lots of guns in it. How he knows this I have no idea.

Old enough that I must be older than the 22 years that I wrote down on some form the other day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post, his party was awesome. In answer to the Texas issue, as you were born in the only state to raise it's flag to the same height as the American Flag (as it itself was it's own sovereign nation at one point), it is genetic to know that Texas has a lot of guns. Love you guys!

Amanda said...

Oh, how cute! What an amazing imagination he has--you are so blessed. (You could be only 22--I did conferences this year for one of my sophomores with her 30-year old mom!)

Aaron said...

Happy Birthday!

Matty said...

From all the Ukraine Gaws (my parents can speak for themselves)....Happy Birthday Curtis (or Kyptic if you try to write it in Russian). The Texas thing is just a vibe. I can feel it as soon as I cross the state line, and I love it!