Saturday, February 24, 2007

de do do do, de da da da

When your innocence escapes you...

Tickets for the Police reunion concert in Denver went on sale this morning, and despite my best efforts to purchase a ticket in the cheap seats ($50 each), there were none available. Out of sheer curiosoty, I checked the availability of the "Silver Hot Seat" and "Gold Hot Seat" tickets (at $225 and $380 apiece, respectively). No such luck.

Probably most of the cheap seats were purchased in the fan-club pre-buy (it only cost $100 to join the fanclub), leaving the rest of us suckers out in the cold for not being dedicated enough to spend a day's wages for a chance to see the show.

I guess I'll just buy the DVD of the concert when it comes out, and I'll save myself the hassle of joining the fanclub, driving to Denver, parking at the Pepsi Center, getting puked on by some drunk frat boy, and having a bad view of the stage.

...their logic ties you up and rapes you...

1 comment:

Matty said...

I'm sorry to hear about this. I really wanted you to go. I'm sure this doesn't make you feel any better, but Sarah and I saw U2 from the cheap seats at "The Can" and it was amazing. I don't recall being puked on either. I recommend you keep your eyes peeled because it would be worth it.